About Flag Football
Mandarin Sports Association (MSA) of Jacksonville offers COED youth Flag Football in the winter each year for kids aged 4-18. Games are played at Alberts Field in Jacksonville. All players are required to go through a player evaluation process in order to create a better distribution of talent through the draft process. (Player evaluations are not required for 6U). Team selections are made using a draft process based on the player evaluation scores.
Winter Flag Football Key Dates:
- • Registration – August through November
- • Evaluations and Teams Form – Late November to Early December
- • Season – Mid-December through February
Practices are typically two days a week for 1:30-1:45 and start as soon as teams are formed. Games are once or twice a week on Saturdays and during the week. Practice after games start is at the coach’s discretion.
- • Play is 5-on-5 or 4-on-4 depending on the number of children in each age division.
- • All players are required to wear a mouth guard.
- • Game is four quarters long with a halftime break
- • Quarters are 12 minutes long with a running clock except for inside two minutes when the clock rules are similar to college rules.
MSA provides the following divisions which children can play (Note: All divisions are COED):
- • 6U
- • 8U
- • 10U
- • 12U
- • 14U
- • 16U
- • 18U
However, please note that age brackets are subject to change based on participation. NOTE: League Age based on age as of the upcoming December 31st. Example: A child born on September 10, 2006 is league age 10. A child born on February 3, 2007 is league age 9.